Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Reunion









The Reunion weekend is over and I truly had the best time seeing everyone.

Friday
Started off with everyone meeting at McCovey's. We had a group of about 50 people and it was just a night of catching up. The highlight of the evening was Meg and Heather Mayo showing up in the same shirt. It made me laugh since they we were all in syncro together and it just seemed so perfect, especially representing our team color of purple. Go Aquanuts!

Saturday
Our reunion committee met at the Shadelands to set-up and everything looked so festive. The girls came over to my house to get ready. It felt like old times with all of us running around, doing our make-up and primping to look our best.
We figured a lot of people would arrive fashionably late, but starting at 7:00 people started pouring in. Thank goodness for the nametags. With over 200 people in attendance, they were a lifesaver and definitely helped jog the memory.
As a whole, everyone looked great! I truly felt that people were happy to be there and be reunited. The dancing didn't stop til 1:00 in the morning. The DJ played everything and definitely some classics from '97. We were on the dance floor for the majority of the night and our photographer was quite the paparazzi.
I even made up with my one and only Arch Nemesis from high school. Yes, I really did have one. I offered a hand shake and hopefully he felt that I was sincere. At the end of the night, Jason and I both heard him say, "I love that girl, but hate her." I had to laugh. Oh well...at least my conscious is cleared. The funniest part is I don't even know why we didn't get along in the 1st place. I guess that's high school for you.

Sunday
Had to head to NG for the BBQ. We had an amazing attendance of around 10 people (4 of us committee members). We just laughed and laughed as we reminised about the night. Beth, Tommy and I also performed a rendition of "Slapping Leather" from our days of social dance.

As a whole, I was so proud of the reunion. Our committee put a lot of effort into planning an event that (I hope) everyone enjoyed. We kept it casual, festive and fun. People were already started asking about the 20th. I think I'll wait a few more years until I think of that one.

2 comments:

Meg Honey said...

Heather--I absolutley love your blog, and, most importantly LOVE the NG Reunion entry! Hilarious! But, who the heck is your nemesis? Where have I been? I cannot wait to see you on Monday! Love you very much! And love to Jason--my football partner! Meg :)

JKAndrus said...

Heather,
Great job on the reunion, it was a raving success! We all appreciate your hard work and energy that made it a night to remember. It was so great seeing you and hopefully we can get together over Christmas.
Love,
Kristin