Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Lietz's Take On China



I just got an email from my Mom and Dad from China. Sounds like they are having quite an adventure and keeping very busy. My Mom is loving the wheeling and dealing with the street vendors and I'm sure she is keeping my Dad busy from day to night. To travel with my mom you realize you cannot call it a vacation. There is no relaxing, but that is who she is and one of the things we love most about her. I know she will come home with thousands of pictures, trinkets and the funniest stories. Tonight they visit with a Chinese family for dinner. I can only wait for the stories from that one. I'm sure my Mom will persuade one of the family members to come live at their house this summer.

I was so glad to hear that they are having such a great time. My mom was really hesitant to go, especially since she was just in the hospital, but a week before they were supposed to leave, they decided to go. I'm so happy for them and I know this is going to be a trip they will remember forever.

3 comments:

Scott McMillan said...

What do all these have in common? Heather, Heidi, Danny, Monika, Margrit, Melissa, Paige, Japanese girl name #1 & name #2 (I couldn't remember if someone paid me) & I almost forgot..Dave?

Jennifer Stofiel said...

Heidi, I am impressed you remember the names! When I was 7, one of those exchange students taught me a bad word in Japanese. "Baka Hanakuso". Translation "Stupid Nose Poo" Thanks for the memories, Japanese girl name #1!

Jacquie said...

I think we really are going to have a Chinese visitor one of these days (Pong Song). He's 30 years old, very funny and a wonderful person and was our tour guide for 21 days. He helped make our trip so special and I would love to have him share some special time with our family.
Hey - all our special long term visitors bring us lots of memories to talk about 20 years later.