Thursday, November 15, 2007

Important Cooking Lesson




I hosted cooking club at my house this last week. We always have such a good time and love trying new recipes.

I do have to admit. I made a rookie mistake with my shopping this week and learned an important lesson. Phyllo Dough (AKA Filo, Fillo) and Puff Pastry are not the same thing. They are actually quite different. We were planning to make Chicken in Phyllo and I accidentely bought Puff Pastry, thinking it was the same thing. Well our chicken ended up looking like GIANT hot pockets and were quite heavy. I think each one weighed 5 pounds. In addition, we made enough mashed potatoes for 30 people. We all got a good laugh out of our interesting looking chicken creations.

The best part about cooking club isn't the cooking, it is just being with everyone. It really doesn't matter if the food is good, it matters if your having a good time. It gives us a good excuse every month to get together with one another, have a few glasses of wine and catch up on all the latest. I look forward to it every month and hope it continues for years to come.

1 comment:

Scott McMillan said...

First of all, in order to be cooking with either puff pastry or whatever the other stuff is states that you are not a rookie. I am glad that you guys had a good time. I can't wait to see Marley again...she is soo cute!