Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ballet Class


Did anyone else take ballet as a kid? I remember all the positions and took class at the neighborhood church in Clayton. Every year we would have a performance and I would always have the leads. My favorite was when I played the part of smoke in Pinocchio. You may be thinking what part is that. Well it is when the whale swallows Pinocchio and they have to light a fire inside the whale to get out. That is where the smoke came in. So yes, I was being sarcastic when I said that I always played the leads.

Anyways...I tried Ballet Bar Class at ClubSport today. I was hanging out with Shae and thought it would be something she would enjoy since she likes dance classes. I can't believe what good shape ballerinas must be in. It was such a good work-out and we were doing VERY simple stuff. We did a set where we did mini jumps at the bar and I was completely out of breath at the end. I almost thought something must be wrong with me to be feeling this way. Needless to say, I loved my workout and am interested to see how I will be feeling tomorrow. You always know you get a good work-out when you are sore the next day.

It feels great to be back at the gym. I had put my membership on hold for the last 2 years and am so relieved to be back, but have a long way to go before I am back in cardio shape. On a side note, I left Roman at Kid Care today and when I went back to pick him up, he was at the front desk being held. I've never seen any babies up front, but not surprised that it was him. I have a Diva Baby at times.

5 comments:

To Be Determined said...

Good for you! I bet your tooshie is sore.

I am still anti-gym classes due to the the sterp class we took ONE time at Linda Evans. The embarassment has stuck with me.

To Be Determined said...

strep = illness
step = embarassment

Heather said...

I can't believe you remember the class at Linda Evans. That was so funny. All we could do was laugh and run into the woman since we kept going the wrong direction. I have yet to take a step class AGAIN.

Maya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maya said...

I don't think I've ever told you this, but being a prima ballerina is a frustrated dream of mine. If I could live my life over I would say screw graphic design and would train to be the best dancer that ever walked on this earth! But, for now all I have is one year of ballet lessons under my belt :(

I just got a gym membership a couple weeks agoo and need a work out buddy! We should have amake arrangements!