Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Date Is Set

Got great news yesterday. Baby has turned and is now head down. YEAH! The doctor said chances are great that he will stay down since the head is the heaviest part of his body and acts like an anchor. I think he must have turned when I had the stomach flu earlier this week. With all the turbulance going on in my stomach, it must have motivated him to make the move on his own.

Also, we have a date set and in the books to be induced on March 11th. I'll be checking in to UCSF at 9am for the festivities to begin. It is exactly 2 weeks ahead of my due date and both my OB and cardiologist feel it would be good timing to ensure my blood pressure remains low. I can't believe I have less than 2 weeks to go, but am busy getting everything in place and ready to go. My last day of work is this Friday and I'm going to try very hard and leave each night on time at 5:30.


We finished his room and just love it. It reminds me a lot of Jason and I and is something that I would find relaxing if I was a baby. My Dad and Bob finished the crown molding and it looks amazing. Clothes are washed and put away and we are busy cleaning every room in the house to minimalize the clutter. By next weekend, our goal is to have everything done, so we can relax and enjoy our last weekend with just the 4 of us (Jay, Marley, Serena and I).


We got his gorgeous crib and changing table in perfect condition on Craigslist for a bargain compared to what they originally paid for it. The family had one child and she never even used the crib. Definitely the way to go, but need to be patient to find the perfect one and act quickly once you find it.


The shelving is from the Container Store and we were so proud that we figured out how to put it together on our own.


The artwork is from Etsy, an online shopping network for artists. I have to recommend it since it is a hidden gem and worth visiting if you are looking for ANYTHING handmade.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting Heather! What a gorgeous nursery. I will be thinking and praying for you and your little one on the 11th. Good luck and enjoy your last few weeks of quiet time.

Scott McMillan said...

The room looks SOOO cute!! Can't wait.

Maya said...

This is the most beautiful nursery I've ever seen! You are right, it feels so tranquil and relaxing that if I was a baby, I would love to live there.

Roman's room could seriously be in the Martha Stewart magazine, and I'm not saying that just because you are my friend!

I'm so anxious to meet your baby. I'll keep you in my prayers for a quick, hassle-free delivery.

Love,
Maya

Jennifer said...

Your nursery looks like a baby magazine! It looks perfect :)

10 days and counting :)

Robin said...

Heather that is the cutest, most relaxing nursery I've ever seen. You are going to love being in there with your sweet little baby! Good luck on your delivery, we will be keeping you in our prayers!

Scott McMillan said...

1 more week. We can't wait to meet Roman.

JT said...

The room is adorable... I love it! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Alix Allocco said...

I love Roman's room!! It is so cute.

thedemichielfam said...

AUGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I can't wait! I can't even handle that he's almost here! I love the room and can't wait to meet little Roman!

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! xoxoxo

Nicole said...

Good luck this week! I am so excited for you!

Katie said...

SO CUTE!!! We are so excited for you guys. Congrats and good luck!
Love,
Katie (Bogner) Hill