Friday, February 20, 2009

35 Week Update

I went to the doctor's on Thursday and the non-stress test looked perfect, so that was great news. The ultrasound confirmed that he is still in a stubborn position (as he has been for the last 2 weeks), which is called a "transverse lie". A transverse baby is shoulder down or back down, lying sideways across the abdomen. Traverse lie occurs in only 1 out of 2,500 births (so pretty rare, not surprised that I happen to be one of them. Ha ha...what else is new?). The good news is this could be temporary and he still has a week or so to move into the correct head down position before they would even consider scheduling a c-section. If he stays in this position the only option is c-section. At this point, I'm so grateful for having a healthy baby that I'm not going to worry about something that I can't control and have to wait to see what he decides to do.


I also met with my cardiologist who confirmed that the plan is still to induce at 38 weeks, so I've got just under 3 weeks to go. My blood pressure remains to be low from taking the beta-blockers and all other signs point to my heart tolerating everything perfectly. He asked if I was taking things easy and I think he was shocked to hear that I was still working and that I plan to for 2 more weeks. Majority of his patients decide to take months off before since disability kicks in early for pregnant cardiac patients. Little does he know that after work, I'm still keeping busy until 10:00 each night. I promised him that this week, I would start slowing down and taking it easy.

I can't believe I only have a few more weeks to go. I really feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.

5 comments:

Paris Bucklew said...

Wow...three more weeks! It's such an exciting time (and sometimes uncomfortable). You have handled your pregnancy with such grace. I hope you enjoy your last few weeks with Jason and Marley before your life is forever changed in the most amazing way possible. xoxo

Alix Allocco said...

I know the feeling!!! I am so excited for you and J. I can't wait to meet your little Roman.

Jennifer said...

Yay! Glad your stress test was good :) Can't wait to see Roman!

Maya said...

Thank you for keeping us updated, I was just wondering how you were doing.

Question: How are we going to find out when baby Roman is here? Will Jason post it on your blog???

thedemichielfam said...

Heath...I can't believe it's already so close! We NEED to do dinner before! I can't wait to meet little Roman! YAHOO!