Friday, February 20, 2009

The Shower of My Dreams


Last weekend Betty, my Mom, Jen and Heidi threw me the most amazing shower. I couldn't have asked for anything more special and felt so loved. They went all out with the Noah's Ark/Animal theme and walking into the shower I was so touched at how every detail was thought of. From the decorations to the cake to the food and the favors...it was all so perfect.

The Lietz Ladies. Do you think there is a family resemblance?

Jen made this gorgeous diaper cake. In addition, she helped me with opening gifts. I couldn't have gotten through it without her expertise.

3 Generations, almost 4. This will be Jason's grandma's 1st Great-Grandchild.


My Dad made this cake that was modeled after the cake my Mom had at her baby shower. He is so creative with cakes, I think he should get into a side business.

I was so moved by how many friends showed up. There is something very emotional about being in a room filled with all of your favorite people in one place. I loved that I did one big shower since it allowed friends from all different parts of my life (high school, college, work, bible study, family friends) to all meet each other. Looking around the room, I was constantly reminded of how blessed I am to be bringing a baby into the world that includes so much support from friends and family.

I feel so blessed with so many wonderful girlfriends.

Our little guy was showered with so many gifts and I think he is sure to be one of the most fashionable babies around. He got the cutest clothing and I am already imagining him in all the outfits. I also got all the necessary toys, books, gadgets and gear so I feel that I'm all set and ready for him to arrive.

One of my favorite parts of the day was going home and sharing all the gifts with Jason. He felt so blessed that friends were so generous with all their thoughtful presents and he even wanted to read every card.

Thank you to everyone who came or sent a gift. It was such a memorable day that I will remember for the rest of my life and made me feel so special.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful day! Enjoy this last month ~ you look fantastic!

JKAndrus said...

Heather,

The shower looked like so much fun, I am so sad to have missed it! You look great and i am so happy for you and jason. You will be in my thoughts over the next couple of months. My mom told me that your little guy is transverse (sp?) and you'll be having a c-section. You may remember that A was breach and i had one as well. There are many benefits,(no labor) but definitely take it easy for the first couple of weeks and stay at the hospital as long as you can (we stayed 4 days and didn't want to leave). Love you and I'll give you a call over the next week to say hi!

Hillary said...

Heather, it looks like your shower was amazing. I really wish I could have been there to celebrate with you! Good luck with the next couple of weeks, hopefully they'll fly by!