Sunday, February 1, 2009

Danielle's Bday In Santa Cruz



One of the best things ever about working at Diablo Publications, was meeting Danielle. She was my cube neighbor where we instantly became the best of friends and we had so much fun together. Yesterday was her birthday and she rented a GIANT land yacht to head up to Santa Cruz to go wine tasting. This is my 2nd wine tasting birthday excursion while being pregnant. As I definitely miss trying all the wines, I still had a great time and most importantly I know she had a fun and festive birthday.



I never realized how many wineries are in the Santa Cruz mountains. Beware...if you are planning on going definitely have a designated driver. The roads are very windy and you have to drive on a 2 lane road with steep cliffs for part of the trip. A few people got carsick and our driver was pretty talented to manuever the 30-seater bus through the mountains. But once you make it up the mountain, it is gorgeous.



Here are some photos of the winery we went to. It was 70 degrees and the mountains were so green. It truly was so peaceful and the surroundings were amazing.


I am always reminded of how many gorgeous places there are to visit in California. We are so blessed.


The vineyards


The ladies of the party


The ride home was very eventful. Especially as being a sober participant. Jason made a mix tape that got everyone dancing. I had a great time watching everyone have fun. The craziest thing I saw was a guy who looked a pale shade of green smash a wine glass over his head. I'm not sure if it was on purpose or an accident, but luckily the only injury was to his hand.


Here I am 8 months pregnant. I think it is inevitable that our little guy will have a love for music. He has had his fair share of rocking out at some recent parties.

2 comments:

Jennifer Stofiel said...

I am so jealous of these pictures. Maybe a warm trip to visit after the baby comes =)

Hillary said...

I made chili, corn bread and the buffalo dip at my super bowl party too! That is so hilarious! Love ya