Friday, February 27, 2009

The Man Shower

Last weekend Jason's friends decided to throw him a man shower. It was so sweet and thoughtful and couldn't have been planned better. All the way down to the adorable little cupcakes.

OK...I'm totally kidding about the cupcakes, but The Man Shower really did take place only a little different than the type of shower us women throw. Jason and his friends headed out to the city for a night of partying, dancing and god knows what else. I know they had a good time when I received a text message at 3AM to hear they had made it back to their hotel safely and were playing poker. Jason booked a suite at the Fairmont for them to stay (if only I was so lucky).




In all honesty, I'm happy that he was able to have a fun night out with the guys to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our little guy. I have a feeling "The Man Shower" concept may really catch on. I think Knute was the 1st to be honored with this type of shower and I can only imagine it will be a long running tradition that takes place with each new baby arrival among the guys.

6 comments:

The Kelling Family said...

Really? Vinnie is wearing wife beaters in public these days? BLACK wife beaters?

Maya said...

I'm so glad he had his share of fun! That's one thing I would change about baby showers: the daddies don't get share in the celebration. Not that men would want to spend hours with a bunch of women going "oohh, aahhh, so cute"...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely a great idea! Just like with wedding planning, the men usually get the short end of the deal! Great way to make it even more exciting that a baby is heading your way!
Can't wait to hear the good news once your little boy finally arrives.

Unknown said...

I never comment on these, or even read the comments, but when I saw Vinnie's tank top I thought now might be my time...To my surprise my husband beat me to it! We are so in sync (not like the boyband, I don't dance as well as he does).
Lauren

JKAndrus said...

I totally believed you about the cupcakes, I couldn't believe it..:) I love your nursery it is so pretty. I am so excited for you!! Have a wonderul, restful, quiet next two weeks!!

Hillary said...

I love the baby's room. You guys did an amazing job! Enjoy the quiet of the next two weeks. PS what is up with the black wife beater in da club...classic!