Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day



I love Valentine's Day being on a weekend. You actually get to spend the day with the one you love and do what you love together. For Jason and I that meant a lazy morning at the house, cooking breakfast, doing some chores, relaxing and then dinner at night. I guess when you are married for 5 years, your expectations of this romantic holiday turn more into a day of just enjoying each other. We have never been big gift givers for this holiday, but the day before I came up with a brilliant idea.

It went something like this:

H: Have you bought me anything for Valentines Day yet?

J: No, have you?

H: No.
Want to go see Coldplay as our gift to each other.

J: Definitely.

So that morning, I got pre-sale tickets to Coldplay for this July. Couldn't think of a better gift than a concert we get to enjoy together.



Last night we went to dinner at Montclair Bistro. I felt like trying somewhere new and this place looked so cute. It is in Oakland and was perfect. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quaint location with amazing food. They have a Sunday brunch that looks great, so we are excited to bring our family back.

1 comment:

JT said...

Too cute! I'm so excited for Baby Maddox... I can't believe how soon! I'll be out there in May so I'm definitely going to have to come by and see you guys!!!