Saturday, January 5, 2008

Congrats Dad!



So my Dad has finally retired. He has been counting down for the last few years and I'm so happy to announce that as of Friday it is official. We attended a wonderful celebration at the Hilton in honor of him on Thursday and my sister and I surprised him with a speech. Of course, we added in a few funny stories and I think everyone really hearing about the Walt Lietz outside of the office. Danny also put together a beautiful slide show of my Dad's life starting from when he was a baby.

It was so nice to meet so many people that my Dad has managed through the years. Each person was so sincere with only the nicest comments to say about him. He will truly be missed. A lot of people have asked what he wants to do with his time, but I know he will keep himself busy with gardening, taking classes, art, many other projects and hopefully a little time relaxing.

All my love to you Dad for all your hard work. Your strong work ethic, dedication and drive has helped shape me into the person I am today.

No comments: