Monday, December 31, 2007

2007...What A Year!



Well...I do have to admit, we are so excited to be ringing in the New Year. 2008 is sure to be our year. I thought it would be fun to do a quick look back on all the happenings of 2007. It was definitely a challenging year, but one that I've learned so much from.

So here it is...

2007 started off in January with me being diagnosed with mastocytosis. It is a very rare blood disorder where your body produces too many mast cells which can lead to some complications. Luckily with some minor lifestyle changes, I am so grateful that I am able to live a totally normal life. This diagnosis made me realize that you never know what tomorrow will bring, so you must live every single day to the fullest without worrying about tomorrow.

Scott celebrated his first birthday in January and shortly after Heidi announced she was pregnant with #2. We were all excited to find out he was another little boy (nothing better than brothers, less than 2 years apart). Tyler was born in September and I was able to experience the miracles of a live birth (with no meds). Thank you Heidi for letting me be a part of such an amazing event and thank you for also allowing me to realize I will never try to go natural as you bravly did.

Tyler underwent open heart surgery days later and now 4 months later is doing really good. Heidi and Danny have been so strong through it all and I'm so proud of them. I feel a very special connection to Tyler since we both have a congenital heart defect. Luckily mine was corrected through surgery at the age of 3, so I hope I can be a good support for him as he grows up.

My mom was also diagnosed with CLL, a form of leukemia. She battled a tough virus in October, but now seems to be doing great. I'm so grateful for my close relationship with my parents. They are my everything and I always look forward to our time together. I know my mom is going to do great this next year.

OK...so that was the hard times, but we also had a year filled with lots of fun, so here are some of the highlights...

*Jason and I went to Vegas in February. We had never traveled there together, so we had a blast with just the 2 of us. Sadly the fire alarm went off during our Beatle's Love Show and activated the sprinklers, but we did enjoy gambling, eating, dancing and the Blue Man Group.


*In April, we went to San Diego to meet up with my mom's side of the East coast family. We all met up in Escondido for a weekend of relaxation. It was great to see everyone.

*Amber and Adam moved back to Ohio, but we sent her off with a girls weekend to Napa.

*In May, we celebrated Jason's 10 year high school reunion. Jason had a dinner on Friday night and then we both headed to an A's game on Saturday.

*Took a quick trip to Denver in June to visit Ryan and Kimberly to celebrate their wedding. It was fun to see where they live and meet their friends.

*In July, Jason and I were both in Heather and Nate's bridal party. We had a good time walking down the aisle together and they had a beautiful reception at Wildwood Acres.


*In August our best friends, Ryan and Lauren moved away to Austin, but we visited them in October. Although they are far away, we know they are a quick plane trip to visit.

*In September Jason flew to North Carolina for Brad and Audrey's wedding, while I stayed home to be with my family during Tyler's surgery. Jason fell in love with North Carolina and I can't wait to go back with him someday.

*My 10th year high school reunion came in October and I had a great time on the planning committee. We threw it at Shadelands and everyone had a great weekend. Loved seeing friends!



*In November, we welcomed Marley Zipper Maddox to our family. We now have a mini zoo, but since I'm such an animal lover I couldn't be happier.


As we now approach 2008, I look forward to a wonderful year. There is sure to be challenges along the way, but I've learned as long as you keep looking forward before you know it another year is here.


Love to EVERYONE for all their support and friendship.

CHEERS TO A HAPPY, HEALTHY AND MEMORABLE 2008!

No comments: