Thursday, January 31, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love...I did Love it!



I just finished reading this book last night and have jumped on the bandwagon of fans. I know you've probably already heard this by now, but I highly recommend this book. It is entertaining, thoughtful, helpful, adventurous and an enjoying read.

Simple Summary: The author brings you through her 1 year journey of traveling to Italy, India and Indonesia in pursuit of pleasure, devotion and balance.

My favorite paragraph from the book:
I keep remembering one of my Guru's teachings about happiness. She says that people universally tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you're fortunate enough. But that's not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have acheived a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it, you must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.

Jason has wondered why I suddenly am persuading him that we should travel to Italy this Spring. I'm blaming the book!

1 comment:

JT said...

Thanks for sharing! You definitely need to go to Italy. Dustin and I went there May of 06 and loved it. There are so many new places we want to go, but we will definitely make it back to Italy because we loved it so much!

Jason, you must take Heather to Italy next spring!!!!