Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Congrats Shae



Today I went to the Middle School Graduation for my lil sis, Shae. We were matched together with the Big Sister program almost 3 years ago and have met consistently almost every week. When we first met she was just finishing up 5th grade and I can't believe is now getting ready to enter high school. She has become such a wonderful and beautiful young girl and has truly transformed before my eyes. I'm so proud of her and know that she is going to love being a high school student at College Park. We are looking forward to spending some fun time together this summer and she LOVES babies. She made Roman a beautiful crocheted blanket for my baby shower that he used today. It was fun to hang out with her family and see how proud they were of her.




Roman did great during the 2 hour ceremony. Not even one little peep.

2 comments:

To Be Determined said...

For some reason, the other day I was thinking about the Big Sister program and wondering if you were still involved. Mystery solved.

I love Roman's cheeks. I am totally going to be the old lady who pinches peoples cheeks.

Maya said...

You are such an inspiration Heather!

Shae found an angel in you. I am sure you have made a difference in her life, and by doing that you have made a difference in the world. I'm lucky to have you as my friend.

Love,
Maya