Thursday, October 7, 2010

Welcome Paisley Marylyn Maddox

Lil P was due on Oct. 3rd and one day after my due date, my Doctor thought it would be a good idea to schedule an induction for that week. I wasn't so sure, but he easily convinced me that it would go quick. We received a call later that afternoon that they were able to schedule me for Tuesday morning, so we were all set.


We checked in at 7:30am and were ready to go. Within minutes, the pitocin was started and Dr. Wells broke my water.


Going through labor and delivery with your husband by your side is one of the most amazing experiences you go through as a couple. His patience, love, attention and tenderness is why I love him so much.


My mom and Betty stopped by the hospital to visit while I was in labor. We decided to invite them to stay for the delivery. It was wonderful to have them in the room to experience Paisley's arrival.


At exactly 7:00pm, Paisley was born. It was such a peaceful, amazing and spiritual experience. I couldn't believe that our little girl was here. She weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces (1 pound over Roman's weight). Once we met Paisley, we were all surprised by how much she looked like Roman when he was born. They had the same beautiful features and adorable face.

Here are some pics from that night...




I didn't know what it would be like to have a 2nd child, but it was love at first sight. The feelings I had for her were overwhelming. I can now say that I had a hard time bonding with Paisley when I was pregnant since I was always worried about how this would affect Roman, but the moment I met her she stole my heart. I quickly realized that my heart was big enough for the both of them.


Our amazing nurse, Kathy. She was the best! I got very lucky to have her by my side.


Pop and Grandpa stopped by with Roman shortly after Paisley was born. I was so happy to have him there. I love this photo since it shows the reality of having 2 little ones. Sure to be chaos, but also a lot of fun.


All I could have ever wanted. A cuddle from my little man.


Betty and Bob were so happy to welcome a little girl to their family. Marylyn is in honor of Betty's mother, who lives in Citrus Heights.






Roman stopped by to visit the following day. He was most excited to have Cheerios and Apple juice. Jason left the hospital for a few hours to be able to spend some quality time with Roman at home. I was so excited that they were able to do this.


We were able to come home tonight and there is nothing like being in your own home.


Reflecting on the last few days just puts a smile on my face. I had a lot of fear since my last labor and delivery was a nightmare, but this was the complete opposite experience. I have to credit Dr. Wells (my OB). He went above and beyond to ensure that everything was arranged for me to have a normal birth experience given my cardiac condition. I am forever grateful. I even joked with Jay after the delivery that I could do this again, but not to let me. Ha ha!


Paisley has already stolen her Daddy's heart. I love seeing Jay with his little girl.


Welcome to this world Paisley! We are so honored to have you in our family. I know this next year will be such an adventure and lots of work, but we can't wait for the fun to begin. We look forward to introducing you to all our family and friends.

THANK YOU to Pop and Grandpa Bob for taking such amazing care of Roman during the past 3 days. You went above and beyond to make sure that his life didn't change a beat. I am forever grateful that both of you are so loving and wonderful to him.

5 comments:

To Be Determined said...

She already has Jason wrapped around her finger. She's so beautiful! Congratulations!! Roman is of course also very handsome.

Jennifer and Neil said...

Congratulations Heather! I'm so excited to see your family grow in love this year. We're expecting #2 on April 1, so I'll be reading your blog to see how to juggle a toddler and an infant. Hopefully you'll impart lots of wisdom to those of us a few months behind. Congrats!

Hillary said...

Beautiful post and beautiful girls. You look so great, and I'm so excited that every thing went so smoothly for you. You deserved it after Ro! Love to all four of you!

Anonymous said...

Heather, she is beautiful! Congratulations again - my piece of advice, don't sweat the small stuff. If you go to bed and all Roman's toys aren't picked up or the dishes aren't done or there are stacks of laundry - it's not the end of the world. I have had to learn, having two little ones, you have to let go of things that at one time seemed important....there is nothing more important in these moments than treasuring your beautiful babies.

Paris Bucklew said...

I can't get over how gorgeous she is! Paisley is so lucky to be part of your wonderful family. You have given Roman such an amazing gift. They will be best pals :) Enjoy being a mother of two. I'm sure it will have it's share of crazy times, but you are so blessed to have two healthy, beautiful children. xoxo