Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 2


We have made it past Week 2 and life is GOOD! Jason and I have both been feeling such overwhelming senses of joy. We both say every night, "We are so blessed!" Roman has been such a good boy and is just so much fun, while Paisley has been so sweet and a pretty calm newborn. I know life with 2 will not always be this calm or peaceful, so we are trying to cherish every moment. We are so thankful for all our friends that have come to meet Paisley and everyone is so generous. We have been spoiled with lots of wonderful dinners and such special gifts.

Some highlights of this past week included doing a newborn photoshoot (we can't wait to see the pics), Roman learning how to give his sister kisses, experiencing the pain of Mastitis (breast infection), having an allergic reaction to the antibiotics (I now know that I cannot take anything even related to Penicillin after having 2 allergic reactions in the past 2 weeks), Paisley attended her 1st Cooking Club, Roman's playgroup Halloween party, lots of special visitors and myself learning how to juggle the needs of 2 lil ones during the week.

Some of my favorite moments from the week...


Marley snuggling with Paisley.


Roman and his 2 favorite Grandpa's.


Peter meets Paisley. He is one of my Dad's best friends and has always been such a big part of my life.


Roman going in for the kiss. These moments just make me melt as a parent.


Since Scott had been very interested in Paisley's umbilical cord, I decided to give it to him once it fell off. I put it in a bag and wrote him a letter to take good care of it. He was so proud.


My sweet lil girl.


A fun visit with Hillary and Nolan. We 1st met Nolan in NYC when he was 2 weeks old, so it was fun for Hillary to meet Paisley at the same age.


Loved spending time with Nolan. He is such a sweet, loving little boy. We had both boys in their Giants gear.


Roman helping out at bath time. I realized that he loves to help when asked, so although it slows down the process and makes things a little messier, I've been trying to have him help out with bathing and changing Paisley.


Roman had his 1st Halloween party and looked so cute as a caveman. I can't wait for this week and the many Halloween celebrations we have planned. However...rain is in the weather forecasts, so I hope they are wrong.


Our Fall Pumpkin Baby. This girl likes to party. This past week, Paisley was quite the social girl attending Cooking Club, Tracy and Sean's engagement party and Roman's Halloween party and she never slept 1 minute at any of the events. I think we have a lil party animal on our hands.

Now on to Week 3...sure to be a special one with Halloween.

2 comments:

To Be Determined said...

love doggie and baby picture. Roman's halloween costume is fantastic. And the umbilical cord is a disgusting prize. sorry but it is.

Laurel said...

Honestly- Roman as a little caveman is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Looks like your little Paisley pumpkin is doing great too! Just read the post about the birth experience and so glad that it went well for you this time. We're very happy for you and your family.