Sunday, October 10, 2010

Life With 2

When you have your 1st baby, everything stops and you are able to center your life around an infant, sleeping while they sleep, lounging on the couch and hibernating. With #2 (especially with a toddler), normal everyday life must continue on. I have loved being back at home these past few days and taking full advantage of Jay being off from work. It has been so perfect for Roman since he has been able to get lots of attention, while Paisley and I figure out all the fun that is included with breastfeeding. My recovery this time around has been so easy. I don't want to brag, but at times I forget that I even had a baby a few days ago. With the exception of my gigantic chest and pain that comes from having one, I feel so good. I must credit my nurse and Doctor. I believe they are the reason for my quick recovery. Now I know why so many women in Walnut Creek are in love with Dr. Wells. He seriously has a cult following.

Here are some of my favorite pics from the last few days at home...


Roman and Paisley at home together. He loves to push all the buttons on her chair that vibrates and play music.


Scott (who has the honor of being the Oldest Cousin) stopped by to meet Paisley. He was very interested in seeing the umbilical cord and finding out if it was still there. He is such a wonderful cousin to Roman. Roman just lights up when Scott is around and thinks he is so funny. I'm sure Paisley will feel the same.


Our morning ritual has always consisted of Roman having his bottle in bed with us. The bed is starting to get full with all 5 of us.


We've been trying to hit the park every afternoon so Roman can get out some energy and have fun running around.


Paisley has been doing the normal newborn stuff...eating, pooping and sleeping. You forget how much they sleep in the first few weeks. We are trying to take advantage of all her sleeping now since we know this phase quickly ends. Last night we were excited when Roman went to bed, she was awake for about an hour. It gave us some special one on one time with just her.


One of the rare moments she was awake.


Everyone has been asking how Roman is doing. Truthfully...so much better than I anticipated and much more interested in Paisley than I thought he would be. The only problem now is that he is simultaneously entering the Tantrum phase. He discovered high pitched squeals this last week and has started having crying fits when he doesn't get his way. We are trying to be sensitive about all the change, but also not giving into everything just because he is screaming for it. I will definitely need some good parenting advice from friends within the next few months since I believe this is just the beginning. Perfect timing, but as is everything I know this is just a phase. Plus he is so cute and dramatic during his tantrums, I sometimes have to look away and laugh.


Mother Marley is in full effect. We were out in the front yard and when I came back, she was sitting at the base of Paisley's chair. She is such a great big sister and always proves to us how much she loves children. Yes, she is still her mischievous self, but so full of love too.


Jay was apprehensive of all the bows that I was buying, but once he saw them on Paisley, he loved them. I love how a bow can instantly make them seem so much more girly.

So that has been our last few days. We have been going on little sleep, but we always remember the reward and it helps keep everything in perspective. We love life with 2 children and we couldn't feel more blessed.

4 comments:

JKAndrus said...

She is beautiful! I am so happy that your recovery went well. You have the greatest positive attitude, so you will do great! Love you!

Maya said...

Heather, I am so happy to hear that everything went well! Your baby girl is so beautiful, I cannot wait to meet her. Congratulations to you and Jason, and to your families. Paisley is so blessed to be part of the loving Maddox clan!

love,
Maya

Chelle said...

Heather, CONGRATS to you guys!! Oh my, she is such a beautiful little thing! I'm glad things went so well with the labor and delivery and that you are recovering so well. With Turin, I did NOT feel good for a few weeks. And i'm glad Roman has adjusted so well! What a darling family you have.

thedemichielfam said...

She is beautiful! I love the picture with the big bow! I am also so glad life seems to be settling in for you guys! xoxo