Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Marley and Me



I just finished reading Marley and Me and LOVED IT! If you have ever owned a less than perfect dog or are even an animal lover, this is the book for you. I laughed (almost every page), I cried (for over an hour) and can't wait to see the movie coming out this month.



A lot of people ask if we named Marley after the book, but we actually hadn't heard of the book when we got her. It is simply a coincidence, but we can't help but think this book was written about her. My little Marley is not quite as out of control as the one in the book, but she definitely is no angel.

Without giving away too much, the book starts out with a couple that is newly married that decides to get a lab. It chronicles there life together as a family and shares stories about how their beloved pet Marley always seems to be getting into mischevious mishaps. The book made me realize how my Marley will be such a big part in my own kid's lives. I grew up with dogs that were my best friends and I can't wait to see how my kids will grow up to love Marley as much as I do now.

No comments: