Saturday, December 13, 2008

Amazing Faith

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I write that Heidi and Danny received some sad news yesterday. Heidi is about 20 weeks pregnant with her 3rd baby and when she went in for the ultrasound they found out that their babies brain had not completely developed.

My heart aches for their family as they have already been through so much, but my strength truly comes from them. Heidi and Danny are an amazing example of faith, courage, selflessness, grace and gratitude. They are led by God's plan, their church and their strong testimonies. I am so grateful for them and feel honored to have them in my family as a shining example of how I long to grow with my own faith.

Please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. The support and love from their friends, family, church and community mean so much to them. As there are lots of questions to be answered, they are comforted to know that their baby will not suffer and he will return home to our Savior.

Ephesians 3:17-19
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am sorry to hear this sad news. They are in my prayers.

JKAndrus said...

Heather,
I am so sorry to hear that. Heidi has been through so much already, how devastating to hear that news. I will keep them in my prayers. That was a beautiful post. Love ya!

Maya said...

Dear friend,

I'm heartbroken to hear the sad news. I know sometimes it's hard to understand God's plans, but as you said, Heidi is blessed with a strong faith that will make her trials more endurable.

May the Lord fill your heart and the hearts of everyone in your family with peace and hope.

Love,
Maya

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I am in awe of your sister's faith....it seems she keeps getting knocked down; knocked down to the point that some people wouldn't be able to get back up and yet, she continues to not only get up, but walk and smile and be faithful. You are a lucky family to have such support for one another. I know how much I rely on my family, it is so good to know that Heidi has you during this time in her life. You are a great example of what sisterhood is made of.

Hillary said...

Heather- Please pass along my thoughts to your sister and Danny. Your family's strenght is truly amazing. Lots of Love.