Sunday, December 28, 2008

An Angel is Born




This Christmas Eve, Heidi was induced after finding out that her baby boy had passed away. I headed over to the hospital and got to spend the day with Heidi and Danny as we waited for her labor to begin. Despite the circumstances, we had a special evening together talking and it is a day that I will always remember.

Heidi and Danny showed courage and grace throughout the entire experience. As they have had so many challenges through the past few years, they have never turned their back on their faith but rather embraced it even more. I can't explain how proud I am to have them in my family. I was talking to one of the nurses at the hospital and she said to me, "You can tell what an amazing family you have. You are all so lucky to have each other. It is so clear how much love you have." It touched me since I knew how right she was. It is times like this that you realize that the most important people in your life is your family.

Carl Lavar McMillan was born early Christmas morning. He was named in honor of my Dad (Walter Carl) and Danny's Dad (Glen Lavar). Christmas now holds an even more special place in our hearts as we remember Carl, celebrate my Dad's birthday and the birth of our savior. An angel was born on Christmas Day and he has now returned home to heaven.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

That is a very sweet post. Your family is amazing and strong. I'm sorry for your family's loss. You are all such wonderfully caring people. Love to you all.

Scott McMillan said...

Thanks Heather!! We were so glad you were part of such a special day for our family. You brought happiness, love, comfort and laughter throughout the day. You have experienced loss and it brought me such joy at the hospital to remember how blessed we are to have a healthy little boy bless our family very soon. After you left Danny just kept saying how wonderful it was that you were there. We feel so blessed that Carl was born on Christmas and feel blessed for our faith.

Alix Allocco said...

I just heard about this a few days ago. Your family really is amazing. I was in tears reading your post.

thedemichielfam said...

Carl is a lucky boy to have been born into your family. I am sorry to hear about your loss and pray that Heidi and Danny find comfort knowing he is in Heaven. God Bless all of you.