Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Sad Week At Work

It was an incredibly sad week for me at work as my company had another round of layoffs and 3 of my closest and dearest friends were let go. Words cannot describe how much I will miss these girls. Through my last 2+ years at work, they kept me smiling, laughing and having fun. I don't think it has truly sunk in that I won't see them daily, be going out for lunch dates or just sitting at their cubes catching up, but I know this is just the start of a new friendship with each of them. I always felt so lucky to have formed such special friendships at work.

Sadly the industries I've worked in (advertising, marketing and publishing) always have their fair share of layoffs whether it be from the economy, losing an account or a client cutting their budget. I've experienced them on both sides and they are never easy. Luckily I have total faith that each of my friends is going to find something that is better and allows them to shine even brighter. Love you girls! Please know how much I value your friendships and promise we will never lose touch.

No comments: