Sunday, November 16, 2008

Festive Weekend



Our weekend started out on Friday night by seeing the new James Bond flick, Quantum of Solace with the family. Mixed reviews by everyone, but I liked it and found it very entertaining. The new Bond girl is gorgeous, the action is endless and the scenery is exotic. I would recommend it.


Tis the season for the 30th birthdays to begin. Saturday we spent the day in Livermore going wine tasting (of course, I was not a active participant but still had fun) for Jared's 30th birthday. The land yacht left the dock and we headed to 3 wineries. The Livermore valley is a great alternative to Napa since majority of the wineries give free tastings and one of them even offered 21 different wines to sample. YES, 21! I've never heard of such a thing, but they really did. Even though we are all turning 30 this year, everyone can all still keep up with the party.


Saturday night our cooking club hosted a Thanksgiving feast at Amy's and we even voted to invite the men to join us to our usually female exclusive event. Everyone brought a dish and it was DELISH. Amy did an amazing job as the host and thankfully took on the task of cooking the turkey. It was fun to get together with everyone and I loved getting an opportunity to have a big Thanksgiving feast prior to the actual day.


All 3 of us are pregnant and will have new little babies within early next year. Heather O is due in January, Emily in February and me in March. Very fun to be able to talk to other friends going through the same.

On Sunday, we had goals of going crib shopping, but opted to put that on hold. Instead we took Marley on nice, long walk and then headed downtown for lunch and shopping. It was a successful day since both Jay and I got jeans. So no crib for now, but we enjoyed our stress-free shopping.


Once I got home, Mar snuggled up to me for a few minutes before I headed to my parents for our weekly Sunday night dinner. I brought over a Marie Calendar's Strawberry Rhubarb pie and Betty and Bob had been reading my blog and brought the same. So we had 2 (who would have ever thought of having 2 on 1 night). Ha ha!


Now it is 10 and I decided to re-organize my closet with the help of Marley. AND instead of putting everything away I am sitting here blogging wishing to go to bed. So better go and put the clothes away, so Jason actually has a place to sleep.

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

The James Bond movie was fun - thank you for inviting us...
Your weekend was definitely fun filled with the 30th birthday winery tour and your early Thanksgiving dinner. Can't wait to try a few new holiday recipes next week...Mom

Paris Bucklew said...

Reorganizing your closet at 10 pm on a Sunday night? It is too early to start nesting! I guess you didn't take it too seriously though since it sounds like you got a little distracted.

Alix Allocco said...

I agree with Paris about the nesting!! Cooking club was sooo much fun.

a