Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halfway Point



Today marks my 21st week, so I'm excited to celebrate passing the halfway mark. There are days when all of this still doesn't seem like a reality, but my growing stomach and clothes getting tighter keeps reminding me that this little guy is getting bigger and bigger each week. I really can't complain a thing about being pregnant. I absolutely love it. I feel so blessed that I hardly had any sickness in the beginning and now in my 2nd trimester I feel great. Within the last 2 weeks, I've started to feel little kicks and punches especially at night. I actually look forward to lying down each night since I know the kickboxing session will begin.

I had an ultrasound today (hopefully my last). I was so excited to see the little guy and my mom was able to come with me. We saw him yawn, kick, hide his face with his hands and most importantly had lots of pics done on the heart. Everything looked great, so we are so grateful that this little guy looks healthy.
Here are some my favorite pics:

They definitely confirmed it was a boy. When I called Jason after my appointment, I told him that it was still a boy. His 1st question, Did it grow any? I'm not sure what he was referencing, but I guess I need to get ready for boy humor.


Look at that little foot.


And best of all, his face. He wouldn't move his hand from his face, but we got a good glimpse of him.



As far as cravings...
Nothing too weird yet, but I've got a way to go. Here is what I crave as of right now.


Soup: I could eat soup for lunch and dinner daily. Thank goodness it is getting cold outside since ordering chili for lunch in August seemed a little strange.



Pie: Nothing beats a strawberry rhubarb pie from Marie Calendars. I usually steer more towards chocolate deserts, but with this pregnancy it is all about fruit.



Fruit: Apples and oranges are my new best friends. I also love Jamba Juice (and was never a fan before). Love the Pineapple or Pomegranite. The best part is Jason got a gift card for his birthday from his Grandma, so I have yet to pay for one.



Burger King Breakfast: A few weeks into my pregnancy, I was craving Burger King breakfast. Egg & Cheese Croissanwich and hashbrowns (just like high school with Jennifer Stofiel). I haven't had this in 10 years. This morning I was driving to work and for a minute I thought about hitting up the drive-thru until I realized that I couldn't dare bring it into the office and didn't really feel like scarfing it down alone in my car.

Hoping for 19 more weeks of feeling good and I really can't wait for him to be here.

11 comments:

Jacquie said...

I was thrilled to join you today to hear the good news that our "Lil Guy" is looking great. It was so special to see so many cute pictures of my little grandson and to see you so relaxed and happy...
Thank you for inviting me! Love,Mom

Jennifer said...

Yay! Thanks for filling us in on all your cravings and how you're feeling. You look fantastic. :) Can't wait to watch your belly grow bigger and bigger. Your son is adorable. Looking forward to meeting him.

JKAndrus said...

You look great! I hope I can see you over Thanksgiving, isn't being pregnant so much fun!! I am so glad you feel well and he is happy and healthy! Love ,
kristin

Paris Bucklew said...

What a perfect little baby bump! I always enjoy baby Maddox updates. That's so special that your mom was with you at the ultrasound. xoxo

Hillary said...

I loved seeing more pics of you and baby Madd. You look so great. I wish I could be there to see you in person! Love and miss you!!

Wendy Hanna said...

Jason and Heather we are thrilled to hear your great news. The pictures are really fun to look at. We wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Love, Chris, Wendy and girls

Unknown said...

So exciting! These last few months fly by and your little guy will be here before you know it! You look so happy and healthy!Yeah for boys!!

Scott McMillan said...

What great pictures!! I am so excited to meet him and see his cute little face.

Ashley said...

Heather!! That is crazy~I have been craving soup this pregnancy! I can't get enough of cpk's Tortilla soup and my ultimate~cream of brocolli with cheese on top! Maybe it's a boy thing. I am so happy for you. We NEED to get together when our boys are born! All my love!Ash

JT said...

YEAH! How exciting. I am still laughing, Burger King breakfast croissant sandwiches always make me think of Jennifer!

Alix Allocco said...

Love the pictures of your little man. Pregnancy craving are so weird. I have never had or ever wanted BK breakfast but I did get it once when I was a prego before work.