Sunday, November 9, 2008

Life without a Cell Phone

So I woke up on election day to find out that my cell phone had completly died. For some reason the screen was frozen and all I could do was answer the phone when it rang, but nothing else worked.

At first it drove me crazy to not have a cell phone (especially since we don't have a home phone) but as the week progressed I realized it was kind of liberating. Although I miss those daily calls with friends, family and Jason (especially when driving) it allowed me to completely focus on myself and what I wanted to do. I am a totally indecisive person, but I found myself having to make decisions that sometimes I would call and ask for a 2nd opinion.

However, this morning after church I decided to go to Jamba Juice then shopping at Target. Any woman knows that a trip to Target can take over an hour. After shopping I pulled up to the house and found Jason sitting on the porch with Marley. He had taken her for a walk and accidentely locked himself out. Poor guy had been sitting there for over an hour thinking that I had to be coming home from church sometime soon. He was a victim of me not having a cell phone. So I did realize, life is so much easier with one since we are so dependent on them.

AND might I add sorry to anyone that I haven't returned a call to. I truly can't even tell who has called me. My new phone is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Alix Allocco said...

you'll have to put a cool new cell phone on your wish dish.

Paris Bucklew said...

Poor Jason and Marley :( They should have come over to play. Hope you guys had a good weekend.

Jennifer said...

I did call you yesterday morning! I thought it was odd that you haven't called back. This explains it all :) Talk to you soon!