Saturday, December 8, 2007

Birthday Celebration at the Saddlerack





We headed out to Saddlerack last night to celebrate Angie and Tracy's birthdays. I wasn't sure what to expect (since I'm not much of country fan), but I heard it was a fun place and everyone warned me about the mechanical bull.

We had a blast! The country dancing scene is a total cultural experience and I loved being able to see something brand new. Everyone has a partner and they dance around in a circle. I never fully understood how everyone knew which dance to do, but each time the song changed, so did the dance. There were couples of all ages and everyone looked like they were having so much fun and so passionate about it. I loved seeing so many people truly enjoy what they were doing. It made me want to learn country dancing and although it didn't look too difficult, it was very intimidating to join the circle since everyone moved very fast. Next time we go, I'll plan ahead on learning a few of the basic steps.

Happy Birthday Angie and Tracy! YE-HAW!

No comments: