Friday, October 14, 2011

Prayers and Comfort for my Mom

This week was a bit unexpected, as my Mom had a procedure done to put a port into her brain that will administer chemo to treat leukemia cells found in her spinal fluid. 4 years ago my Mom was diagnosed with CLL (a cancer of the white blood cells). My sister explains everything very clearly on her blog:
Prayers for Grandma

We ask for your prayers for comfort, peace and healing. My Mom is definitely one tough woman and even through all of this continues to push herself to keep busy. I think our main challenge will be finding a way to have her rest a little.

We are all hopeful that all of this will lead to a much better quality of life and to relieve some of her recent symptoms that have included blurry vision, severe back pain and nerve pain. Thank you for all your support, love and encouragement. We know that each and every prayer is so important and I thank God for the amazing medical technology that is available. Times like this make me so thankful for my amazing family and friends.

On another note...I wanted to mention that Bob (Jason's Dad) finished his chemo about a month ago and is doing great! We were all shocked when he was diagnosed with a very rare Stage 3 cancer, but after 4 months of tough treatment and isolation he is doing so great and focusing on getting back to his normal life. What a blessing and answered prayer. As I have mentioned, he went thru quite a tough treatment on his body, but always had hope and remained positive. Such a wonderful example of courage and grace. Thank you for all your prayers for him.

No comments: