Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010


We had a wonderful Christmas holiday weekend that started off on Christmas Eve by visiting Santa. I had been meaning to take both of the kids all month since I love the Broadway Plaza Santa the best, but just never got around to doing it. I begged Jason since I really wanted Paisley to get her picture taken with Santa since Roman had for his 1st Christmas. We arrived at 10am when Santa's workshop opened and were surprised to find a line that was about an hour long. Jason wanted to leave, but I knew it would be worth it. Luckily Roman was able to run around, while we waited. Once we got to Santa, we got a picture of Paisley with Santa. I knew Roman wasn't going to sit with Santa by himself, so we did a family shot. I was so happy that we waited and so was Jason.


We then ran a few more errands and got home in enough time for Roman to take a nice long nap before Church. We went to the early Church service that is kid friendly. Roman made it through about 1/2 of the service and was a really good boy. We then headed back to our house for dinner. Jason's Uncle Tom and Aunt Barbara and Grandma came, along with both of our families. It was fun to have a relaxing night, open gifts and just enjoy everyone's company.


It is so fun to see Roman play with his cousins. He just adores Scott and Tyler.


Uncle Tom and Aunt Barbara are amazing inspirations that exemplify everything that Christmas stands for. All year round they visit garage sales and buy new toys to donate for Christmas. This year, they collected 2,600 toys! They truly are angels to so many kids.


The Lietz sisters with our little girls. I bought Kira and Paisley matching Christmas dresses. I think this is a tradition I will do every year...or until they oppose. Hopefully that won't be for a few more years. I love having little girls that are so close in age. I know they will be the best of friends.


Cheers to a good dinner. Heidi, Danny, Jason and I took turns eating and chasing around the kids while everyone ate. I think it will be a while before all of us can sit down and eat together.


My Dad's Gingerbread masterpiece.

Christmas morning was perfect since we were able to sleep in a little and just relax with the 4 of us. We lounged around, ate breakfast and then opened some presents with Roman. He was excited to open a few of them, but then just wanted to play with his new toys. He tends to get overwhelmed with too many new things, so we only opened a few things than let him just play.




Roman and his new alphabet magnets.


This little boy makes me so happy.


Jay and his ladies.


Marley got spoiled with lots of bones and toys. Roman loved playing tug of war with Marley.


Betty and Bob stopped by with Roman's new kitchen. He loved it and his favorite part of it was (of course) the cell phone.


Grammy and Paisley.

We then headed to my parents for dinner.


Paisley and her Grandma's.


The men hanging out.


Look what Scott and Tyler got. Not only 1, but 2 guinea pigs. They were actually really cute and friendly. I'm excited for them to enjoy their 1st pets.


By the end of the night, Roman would say "WOAH" when he opened the gifts. It was pretty cute, even though he probably didn't even know what he was getting.


Me, Scott and Buster. The other guinea pig is G-Force.


My real Christmas present this year was Paisley. I still sometimes can't believe that she is in our lives. She is such a blessing and so special. Our family feels so much more complete with her in it and I can't imagine life without her. My heart feels so full of love everytime I look at her.


Happy Birthday to Pop! I wish we had a separate day to celebrate just my Dad. He is so special and does so much for everyone else that he deserves a night of his own. We always have the chocolate nut cake that his mom would traditionally make each year. It is a popular Birthday cake in our family.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and wishing everyone a Happy 2011.

I am looking forward to a year of more family fun and adventures, getting in shape, enjoying NOT being pregnant, weddings of some close friends, a trip to Disneyland and a trip for just Jason and I.

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Our Christmas holiday was so special...thank you for the love and spirit that you bring to all...Looking forward to a fun filled year & our special time with Roman, Paisley & Marley when you relax on your vacation adventure!