Thursday, December 9, 2010

Growing Up...20 Months


I feel like I have been posting so much on Paisley, that I needed to dedicate one to Roman. Especially now that he is growing up. The most common question I have been getting from everyone is how is Roman doing with his new sister. I am so happy to report that he is doing AWWWWWWESOME (as DJ Lance would say). We have luckily not had to deal with much jealousy, anger or neediness on his end. He just adores "Baby" as he calls her. He loves to give her kisses, tickie tickie (tickles), play with her feet and smile at her. Now lets just hope it stays this way. The only challenge is him not knowing his own strength. Sometimes he gets a little rough with her or accidentally sits on her head and he likes to wake her up while she is sleeping.


Roman continues to talk all day, but most of it is still hard to decipher. However he is getting new words each week. Most recently he has said "Poop" and "Potty" (yes Uncle Ryan, you can be proud). I guess I shouldn't be surprised that those words came before a few others since he is a boy. He has a very sweet, little voice and I can't wait for him to be talking more and more. He has also discovered how to get our attention with a high pitched squeal. We are trying to ignore it, but haven't had much luck getting him to stop.




Roman is definitely a free spirit and has a sweet personality. Many times he will just lay down in the middle of a room or even a restaurant and just gaze up at the ceiling and smile. He isn't aggressive and usually just goes with the flow. My sensitive, sweet boy! He has gotten so much better with me leaving him, but still cries when I leave him at the Church Nursery during Bible Study. He loves his routines. I run a pretty strict daily routine and I think that has helped make everything so much easier. He loves when we read to him at night and has his favorite Sandra Boynton books that we must read multiple times before bed. He now only gets his binkies in his crib and within the last week he has started demanding having 3 in his crib. My mom says I was the same way.


He adores his Grandpa's and loves when they watch him on Mondays and Thursdays. He says "Bye" to me once they walk in the door and I know they have so much fun together playing. He is obsessed with playing with his Mega Blocks, still enjoys his books and just started liking to color with crayons. Other than those 3 items, he really doesn't play with much more, other than electronics and our iPhones. We think he may be an engineer one day since he is obsessed with figuring out how everything works. It is funny since Jay and I are so not like that, but he must have also gotten that gene from his Grandpas. He gets very frusterated when things don't quite work how he wants them too. We are just starting to see little glimmers of the terrible two's and he has mastered the crying foot stomp. We know that this is just the beginning and are hoping this is a short lived phase.


Even with some tantrums here and there, we still feel so lucky everyday. Roman is always making us laugh and smile.
We love you and are so proud of the wonderful Big Brother you have become.

4 comments:

To Be Determined said...

I cannot wait for him to talk! I am pretty sure he will be hilarious.

thedemichielfam said...

h...he really is the sweetest little boy! grady is lucky to have him as his friend. i agree...he is going to say the funniest things!

To Be Determined said...

I cannot believe you sent out birth announcements and christmas cards at the same time. You are slightly showing off.... And trying to make me feel lame. I see how it is

Chelle said...

He is the cutest little guy! It sounds like he and Turin are similar in a lot of ways--so sweet but with a definite stubborn streak! :) And Paisley is just beautiful. I think she looks like you.