Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving I feel an overwhelming sense of joy and gratefulness. It is amazing how life can change from year to year and this holiday is always a reminder for us to reflect on our many blessings.

Jason

He has helped me out so much these past few weeks. Every night I pass out at about 9:00pm, which is so early for me. Each night, Jason cleans up the house, kitchen and does the laundry to help me out. He is such an awesome and loving Dad that gives 100% every night to Roman. I couldn't have found a better match and am always excited to think about all the fun and adventures that the future holds for us.

Roman

This little boy lights up my life. He is so special and my joy. Since the day he was born, Roman changed me forever. I have never been happier and he filled a place in my heart that I felt was missing. I am proud to be his Mom and so proud of him.

Paisley

This sweet girl has brought such love into our home. I never knew if I could love someone as much as Roman, but she allowed me to realize that my heart was big enough to share. Roman loves her so much and I realized that she is not only a gift to us, but also to him. She is so sweet and has started smiling this past week. I look forward to all the girly adventures with her and I know that we will have such a special relationship.

Our Family
We are so lucky to have such a close family. Our parents are both so generous. They are constantly helping us in any way needed and always make us feel like they are here for us. We are forever grateful for all their support, love and encouragement.

My Friends
As you become older, you realize how important your friendships are. I feel so lucky to have all kinds of friends in my life. I love meeting new people, while also catching up with friends that I've known forever. I miss my friends that live far away and cherish the time I get to spend with the friends that live close by. I have friends from all parts of my life...work, school, childhood, church and motherhood. I hope they all know how special they are to me. I love seeing them become mothers, get married, get promotions and most importantly be happy with their lives.

Also...
My Faith, Job with Temple Isaiah, Home, Marley, Serena, Going out to dinner, Cooking Club, A good glass of Chardonnay, Napa, Tahoe, swimming, Dr. Wells, Bible Study, Playgroup, Parks, Good weather, iPhone, kids that are good sleepers, shopping and my neighborhood.

This year has flown by and I am just so thankful for it all. So much of my happiness in my life comes from my strong faith. It is something that has brought me such peace and confidence. I no longer worry about the little things in life, but just concentrate on the positive. Here is the verse that within the past few years, has become the way I try and live my life. I think it is a perfect reflection this Thanksgiving.

Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.

Wishing Everyone A Happy and Thankful Holiday!

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We love you and always have fun sharing so many special adventures with you...You and Jason are always my "cheerleader" and thank you for all the love & support you always share with all of us! I better get the pies in the oven....Luv ya, Mom