Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy 18 Months Roman!


I cannot believe that my lil Roman turned 18 months today. He has grown up so much in the last few months and I just can't get enough of him. He is such a happy, loving boy. His personality has really come out as a very busy, funny, cheerful, chatty (even though I think he is speaking German), independent character. He is constantly on the go and really doesn't stop from the time he wakes up. He loves reading his books, his doggy and kitty, being outdoors, playing at the park, anything involving water (we are really going to miss the pool), snuggling with stuffed animals, my iPhone, food and Yo Gabba Gabba. Roman loves food so much that we sometimes joke that he may become a speed eater. There are days when he eats more than me. This makes his Dad very proud. He is also in love with his Daddy. All day long he says, "Da Da" and just smiles. I love seeing the amazing bond that Jay and Roman have formed. Some of the things you currently don't like are waiting (especially for food), sitting in the the stroller, wearing a hat, not being able to figure out how something works, TV (unless it is Yo Gabba Gabba) and when you can't get into the shower. You are OBSESSED with getting in the shower. I often wake up a half an hour early just to be able to get a peaceful shower.


Truthfully I had a really hard time starting my new job and leaving Roman 2 days a week. I just never want to be away from him. But I have now realized how good it is for both him and me. He is loving the time he spends with his Grandpas and it has helped him get over his separation anxiety. Now when his Grandpas walk in the door, he runs to them since he knows he is in for a fun day. He is so lucky and will have such a special relationship with the both of them.


We love you so much Roman. I have never smiled more and you are the one responsible for putting that smile on my face every day. You are amazing and light up my life. I am excited for you to become a Big Brother since I know you will always take such good care of Lil P.



I wasn't exagerating about the shower. Here he is at the pool taking his shower.

2 comments:

thedemichielfam said...

Heather it is so fun to read your comments. You are an amazing mama and I can't wait to meet Lil P and to see Roman as a big brother! he's going to be a great one!! I love the shower scene too...

Laurel said...

I can't believe how big he is! When I picture Roman, I remember him from last summer at Kelly's wedding- and now he is a little boy, not a little baby. What a cutie though- can't wait to see baby girl Maddox!