Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Final Countdown

Today marks the single digit countdown to Lil P's arrival.


Days To Go til my due date

Here are some common questions I've been getting...

How am I feeling?
Pretty good. I have days when I feel like someone has sucked every ounce of energy from me, but other days when I am ready to go non-stop all day. My body is starting to feel OLD and tired, but I continue to push myself to keep going. This pregnancy has been so different and I still have mornings when I feel sick to my stomach. Luckily peanut butter usually does the trick, which I have been eating throughout this entire pregnancy.

I could have posted a much cuter pic of me, but decided on this less flattering pic. It shows the reality of the pregnancy. Currently nothing fits at night other than Jay's boxers.

Where am I delivering?

This time around I am at John Muir. I have an amazing doctor, Dr. Wells that is planning to let me go into labor and hoping all goes well I will be able to push this lil one out on my own. Because my heart was able to tolerate the last labor and delivery so well and my blood pressure has remained really low, they don't have to take the same precautions as they did with Roman's birth. I'm so THANKFUL.

Am I scared of another 48 hour delivery?
YES, but I am really trying hard to focus on anything but the thought of the delivery. I am most worried about the after-delivery since that is when I ran into complications with blood loss, but am putting my faith in my doctor and God that all will be just fine this time around.

This was me last time at about 40 hours. I was ready to kill anyone, including Jason for taking this picture of me.

Are you done after this?
I really am amazed at how many people ask this.
Even strangers at Target.
The truth is, you really never know what God's plan is or how we will feel in a few years. However, deep down I do feel like this is my last pregnancy. I really feel so blessed to have been able to have 2 children, especially 1 boy and 1 girl. It is all I could have ever asked for. Also the fact that I have remained healthy and my heart has tolerated everything so well is more than I could have wished for. As of right now, we think that if a 3rd child should bless our lives it will most likely be through adoption. Adoption still has a very special place in my heart and I feel like it would be an amazing adventure too.

When are you going back to work?
Since I'm only working 10 hours a week, I'll probably head back pretty quickly. I have the luxury of doing a lot of work from home, which is awesome. I know this new job came at such an awkward time, but it has been such a blessing. It was exactly what I was looking for and also pretty fun. Now I just need to hope for a mellow, chill baby so that the Grandpa's have an easy transition taking care of 2.

Is Roman excited?

He has no clue. I guess we could have done more to prepare him, but it will all just happen. I am hoping his sweet, loving personality carries over to his little sister and that he just falls in love with her. I know it will be a big change for him, but I'm hoping for the best.

Is Jason excited?

YES...beyond excited. He is not worried about a thing. He really doesn't think it is going to be much more work. (Ha ha!) He can't wait to meet his little girl and experience everything that comes with having a daughter. I can just picture him playing with Barbie's and loving it.

Is Marley excited?
YES...she loves babies. Another face for her to lick, more food to try to steal and another friend to play with. We are so lucky with how loving she is to kid's. She is truly Roman's best friend.

This pic is the first time she met Roman. She has loved him ever since.

So the guessing game has begun. I'm guessing that Lil P will be arriving Oct. 1st. Jay is guessing Oct. 2nd. What do you think?

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Heather my love! First of all John muir is the best, I had both girls there and it was a dream! They are so well trained for anything and take such good care of you. Don't worry! And usually the second time around it goes faster, it's like your body remembers and gets working, and plus since u will probably go into labor and not be induced~that will help! I am so excited for you guys, girls are so fun and I can't wait to see her beautiful little face! Good luck and I will be praying for you! Love u

Jacquie said...

Nana's going to predict Sunday, September 26...just so you know, my guess is today so you better be packed! You look great...just relax and enjoy!

To Be Determined said...

I vote tomorrow Wednesday 29th. Then you will be back at home for the weekend.

thedemichielfam said...

Heath, first off I think it will be much faster than 48 hours...not even close. I am hoping she just pops out! I think lil P is going to arrive next Sunday...I think the 3rd. Sorry to make you wait longer...we'll see! I'm keeping an eye on my phone and emails though!!! Love you!! Can't wait to meet your little girl!!!

Anonymous said...

My guess is for the 4th - a little past the due date, but my 2nd baby was too! Of course, we are getting this nice HOT weather just in time for the end of your pregnancy....If the 4th, I would share a birthday with your little one!