Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Weekend of Visits

This past weekend I started feeling better, so it was great timing for friends to come and meet Roman. I loved being able to hang out with friends and also show off our new little guy. For the most part, Roman slept but did open his eyes a few times for everyone to get a good look at his curious and expressive faces. Jason and I feel so lucky to have so many wonderful friends that have sent their wishes and spoiled us with delicious meals. Thank you!


Scott loved holding Baby Roman and was so careful and quiet when he held him. He glowed and since is anxious to bring Roman on his 1st walk around the neighborhood. A lot of people think that Roman looks like Scottie.


Danielle stopped by with lunch and to watch the ASU vs. Temple game. She went to Temple and Jason, Dan Noll and I were excited to cheer on ASU. She bought Roman a cute "Future Sun Devil" hat, which he wore during the game. ASU won so we were excited.




Jason's company sent this beautiful arrangement of balloons and flowers made by his boss's wife. What a nice surprise!


Kelli and Grady stopped by on Saturday to bring us lunch. I loved being able to ask her for advice with boys and we can't wait for the guys to become friends.


Jen and Maddie stopped by with a delicious lasagna that we enjoyed for days. They stopped by again this weekend with Keith and Maddie made us laugh and smile with her hilarious comments. She is so good with Roman and also loves Marley. She is the sweetest little girl, I just love seeing her.



Meg came with a Martha Stewart inspired meal that even had a theme. It was so thoughtful and tasty that we overstuffed ourselves and felt so special. She loved holding Roman and he loved it too.


She even brought over baby Coronitas, which Jason enjoyed. How cute was this meal?


Jeremy and Jason watched the games and kept track of their brackets. There were some pretty exciting games on Saturday, so we had fun cheering.


Chris and Meredith came out from the city and were both naturals with Roman.


Someone called us to let us know that the sign lady in Downtown Walnut Creek made us a sign. We took a trip to take a picture of the sign.

ALSO...a huge THANK YOU to Paris, Knute and Ellie for having us over on Friday night for dinner. It was so nice to get out of our house for a little while and enjoy a change of scenery. We had a wonderful time and an excellent meal. We love having them as our neighbors.

Lastly...my favorite picture of the week. Roman is beginning to like sleeping in his basinette, however when I get up in the morning to shower I put him in bed with Jay. He sleeps so peacefully next to him.

5 comments:

Paris Bucklew said...

Heather,
It was our pleasure to have you guys over. Roman is the cutest and sweetest little boy and we look forward to watching him grow up.
xoxo,
Paris

Paris Bucklew said...

PS....I want some of the cream cheese cookies that Meg made. My mouth is watering.

Unknown said...

Heather, Your blog is amazing; so beautiful and heartfelt! It is a true reflection of you. You and Jason are already amazing parents! I love the photos of Marley and Roman, and Jason and Roman sleeping. Just make sure you get time to sleep with him too! (And have Jas take a picture to post.) I have been wondering, where are the pictures with Serena? Give the little guy a hug for me! Love, Betty

Unknown said...

Heather, Your blog is amazing; so beautiful and heartfelt! It is a true reflection of you. You and Jason are already amazing parents! I love the photos of Marley and Roman, and Jason and Roman sleeping. Just make sure you get time to sleep with him too! (And have Jas take a picture to post.) I have been wondering, where are the pictures with Serena? Give the little guy a hug for me! Love, Betty

Jennifer said...

What a nice welcome home for your family :) Please let me know if Maddie and I become stalkers! I want to come by again this week. Lunch?