Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My New Job


I got a new part-time job and just finished my 2nd week at work. I am so thankful for this job opportunity that came up and am even more thankful that they decided to give me the job since I am 8 months pregnant. I am working 10 hours a week as the Facilities Use Coordinator for Temple Isaiah in Lafayette.


The Temple has a beautiful social hall, along with several other meeting rooms that I'll be responsible for renting and marketing. Majority of the bookings are for their congregrations Bar/Bat Mitzvah's and weddings so I have a lot to learn about customs and traditions. Everyone that I have met is wonderful and I am just trying to get everything organized and set-up in a process that works. My Dad and Bob are both helping me out by watching Roman one day a week. This job wouldn't work for me without the 2 of them and I am forever grateful. They shower Roman with so much love and attention and I know he loves his time with his Grandpa's.

I am used to being a complete perfectionist at work, so the 1st week was hard for me since the previous person was a little disorganized and no process was set in place. But slowly I am realizing I can only do so much and to not take the job so seriously. I know eventually it will the perfect job for me and it is exactly the amount of work that I was looking for. I started this job during their peak season getting ready for High Holy Days. I love learning about all the rich traditions surrounding the Jewish religion since it is fascinating. I am hoping I can even attend a service to experience it all.

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

You've going to love your new job...it's perfect!

Hillary said...

That's great boo. I work 10 hours a week too, and it is just perfect. A little time away from the house does wonders!!

Unknown said...

I knew you'd get the job. See, everyone loves you! Enjoy it. xox