Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Getting Ready for Our Lil P

Just recently people have started asking if I am ready for our little girl to arrive. The truth is...not really.
I have less than 7 weeks to go, but I think it is different the 2nd time around since you know the realities of what you really need (and better yet what you don't need). Jen, Paris and Heidi have given me so many clothes and I am so grateful to them.


We are pretty certain that we have a name picked out, but for right now we are calling her Lil P. I had about 10 names that I loved, but Jason was certain on one. Luckily his favorite was one of mine too, so we are 99% sure. I guess that remaining 1% will happen when we meet her.


We aren't going to decorate Lil P's room until after she arrives since it is currently Jason's office, but I have picked out majority of what will go in it. I just got her bedding and we are going with a Shabby Chic theme.

Here are some of the decorations for her room:

(In Pink)


A Good Lesson In Life


I'm going to string these along the wall

I have been really good about not buying too much, but I just couldn't resist a few outfits that were on major discount online. Here are some of my favorites for next Spring and Summer.

Look at those little shorts!


I imagine her doing a little disco dance in these flared pants.


I want a matching one for me.

At first I didn't know what I was going to do with a little girl since I am so used to having a boy, but these clothes made me really excited. I am already thinking of ways to coordinate Roman and Lil P's outfits.

As far as me, I am doing good. There are days when I am so tired and still have feelings of nausea in the mornings, but am reminding myself to enjoy it all since this will likely be my last pregnancy. My blood pressure has stayed low this time around, which makes things much easier. I have my final visit to my cardiologist on Thursday and am now going to the OB every 2 weeks. I am hoping for 7 more weeks of feeling healthy and getting ready for what will hopefully be a quick delivery (hey...anything can beat 48 hours). I will be delivering at John Muir this time instead of UCSF, so I am happy to be local. Let the countdown begin.

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

It's so special seeing you get ready for Little P...I luv the bedding and the room is going to be SO CUTE with all your fun decorating ideas! Let me know when I can come and paint - I still think a shade of blue will look really great with the comforter and sheets...

To Be Determined said...

Nice job on the nursery selections! Little girl clothes are the best. I am impressed that you are controlling yourself.
****Please do not buy matching mommy and me outfits. Please.

Paris Bucklew said...

I LOVE Little P's bedding, room decor, etc. She is going to be one stylish babe with all those cute outfits. We can't wait to meet her! xoxo

JKAndrus said...

It's getting so close! I love the outfits and the great wall art. Can't wait for Lil P's arrival. Enjoy the last 7 weeks of sleep... :)