Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Adventures in Camping


The Bucklews invited us to Angels Camp for the weekend. We were excited for a little adventure. I had never been to Gold Country and it is beautiful. Very peaceful and surrounded by cute little small towns that look like they belong in movie sets.

We got up there Friday night and Roman was ready to explore. He is currently in the very active phase of constantly being on the go. He truly doesn't stop, so we spent a lot of time following him as he explored the grounds. We spent the 1st night in our tent and Roman passed out at 10:30.

Since he was going to bed so late, I thought this would help him sleep through the night. However at around 4am, Jason needed to blow his nose. All of a sudden Roman was awake and ready to party. We made the mistake of taking him out of his porta-crib and he then decided that he was up for the day.

We entertained him in the tent with our iPhone, books, toys and anything he wanted to play with. Luckily his binkie kept him quiet. Once the sun came up he was ready for the day to begin. I was a little worried that he was going to be in a horrible mood since he got no sleep, but he was a champ.



Saturday we spent majority of the time on the boat. My doctor told me it wasn't a good idea to go on a boat this late in pregnancy, so Knute took it easy and found a great place for us to anchor and hang out. He was such a wonderful host all weekend and the boat was a true highlight.


Ellie is such a sweet, loving girl and is so good to Roman. She just loves him and I just love her. She has such a gentle, sweet personality and so adorable.

Here are some pics of Jason and Roman in the lake. Of course my little waterbug loved it.







That night the little ones went to bed and we all hung out talking. Suddenly we had some company from this massive bug that was about 5 inches long. I'm not exaggerating! This bug was huge. Jason captured him and brought him down the road. About 5 minutes later, he made his way back to our site. Thank God for Jason since the women were not able to relax until this guy was gone.

On Sunday we headed to the cute town of Murphy's for lunch. Thank You Bucklews for a fun weekend! We had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again next year.

3 comments:

Paris Bucklew said...

We had such a great time with you guys! I hope we can go again next year. BTW, the picture of the bug does not do it justice. That was the BIGGEST, ugliest, creepiest, bug I've ever seen. No exaggeration.

Hillary said...

Girl, you are hard core. Camping with a one year old 9 mo preggers! That bug is huge and sick. I think I would have headed home! Love ya

Chelle said...

Wow, you guys have sure been up to some fun stuff! congrats on 6 yrs. Jared and I celebrated six years in June. and I am excited to hear what you name your little girl!! Best of luck with the next seven weeks. I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys!