Monday, June 7, 2010

We've Got A Walker


At almost 15 months, we have a walker. For the last week or so, Roman has been taking some steps. Each day he gets more courageous and a little more stable. I got a cute video today. He has also become obsessed with crawling in and out of anything and everything. I know it is only a matter of time before he crawls out of his crib since he doesn't have much fear. I am so proud of him. He has been a little late through all his milestones, so each one is such a victory. I have learned an important lesson through his first year... that milestones are something not to stress about and to remember that each baby has their own timetable. As long as they are happy and progressing, it is important to just relax and let it all come natural.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I = love watching them as they learn what they can and can't do. Yesterday I spent 10 minutes just sitting and watching Blake as he tried to lower himself back to a crawling position from standing. It was hilarious. He would squat about an inch and then stand back up and then twist a little bit and try again. He finally got it and was able to make a smooth landing back to all fours. I agree, as long as they are progressing, it will happen in it's own time.

Jacquie said...

Those first wobbly few steps are very exciting to watch but I know that in no time we're going to be running to keep up with you!