Sunday, May 10, 2009

Roman's Baptism

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father.
James 1:17


Roman was baptized this morning at St. Matthew's and it was such a beautiful day full of so much celebration. St. Matthew's is such an important part of my life and I've experienced so many memorable events at the church. From being an altar girl in high school, my Grandma's Memorial Service, getting married and saying many prayers at the altar, this church forever holds a special place in my heart. I love that Roman also now has a special day in his life at St. Matthew's. It was so great to look around the church and see so many special friends and family from our lives. Pastor Bill, who married Jason and I, happened to be attending this service and it made me smile to have him there.

Here are some pictures from the day. I look forward to Roman growing up in the church and watching his faith grow. We love that our church is so accepting, loving, contemporary, fun, loving, supportive, upbeat and positive. These are all qualities we hope Roman will embody in his life. I was a little worried that Roman would cry throughout the baptism, but he was perfectly content the whole day. I joked that my prayer was answered.

Thank you to my parents for having a beautiful luncheon filled with delicious food and of course, a gorgeous cake.
To Heidi and Chris for being Roman's godparents. I know that you will be such amazing spiritual advisors to our little man.
AND to our family and friends for celebrating our special day with us.


Pastor Sara did a beautiful job. She is so warm hearted.


A candle to light every year on this day to remember Roman's baptism.


Jay and his little boy.


The Family


Roman's Godparents: Heidi and Chris


Our dear friends, The O'Briens
Hunter loved the music.


Another cake masterpiece by Pop.


A memorable Mother's Day with my little man.


Roman and his Godfather.


My Mom always throws a great party.


Jason with his Uncle Tom and Aunt Barbara. So happy they came from Sacramento.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

What an extra special first mother's day. Love you and see you next week!

Paris Bucklew said...

God Bless sweet Roman! Glad you guys enjoyed such a great Mother's Day. Love the cake...is there anything your Dad doesn't do?

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your special day. How great that Roman was content. It was an answered prayer :)

JKAndrus said...

Heather,
What a special day. I am so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see you this week!

To Be Determined said...

What a great mother's day! I love the picture of Jason & Roman.