Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2 Months



Roman turned 2 months today. WOW...time flies so fast. He is starting to become more and more aware of his surroundings and my favorite thing about him is the little noises he makes. He has just begun to smile and we love trying to get those smiles out of him by staring at him and making crazy noises. The things we now do to entertain ourselves.

I can't imagine my life without him. He is my little buddy and I love cuddling with him. When he gets worked up I sing to him (in my awful voice), but he loves it and it magically puts him to sleep. I have many songs in my repertoire, but here is his favorite (tune is to my little sunshine):

You are my Roman, my little Warrior
You make me happy everyday
You'll always know dear how much we love you
Please God Bless My Little Babe


We went in for his 2 month check-up and here are his latest measurements:
Weight - 11 pounds 13 ounces
Height - 23 1/4 inches long
I can't believe how much he has grown and he now really looks like a baby as he is starting to chunk it up, rolls and all. I can't even find his neck anymore and have a hard time cleaning it during tub time. The doctor gave us some medicine to try to help alleviate some of his acid reflux and pain that he has after eating and spitting up. We start tomorrow and from what I hear it can make such a difference. As many of you know I hate medicine, but knowing this will help him feel better I am so relieved. It was the best news of the day.

Some of his favorite things include:
Bath time
Laying on his changing table
Being outdoors
Held, rocked, bounced
Music (especially Classic Rock on Sirius)
Going on walks in the neighborhood with Marley

I am loving the warm weather and can't wait for all the fun outdoor activities for summer.

*This is his favorite move. We call it "Fight the Power". He has been doing it since Day 1 and it cracks us up.

2 comments:

Maya said...

Hi Heather

I loved looking at Roman's baptism photos. What a special day!!

I finished school last Saturday. I made it, yay! I'm in LA right now visiting my mom and grandma. I will call you when I get back; can't wait to see you guys.

Love,
Maya

Jennifer and Neil said...

Hi Heather,
We don't know one another, but I am very very long time friend of Jenni James and I found you through her. I just wanted to thank you for all your pregnancy and birth and baby posts. I am due in about 4 weeks, and it's so nice to see someone who's on the other side already!
~Jennifer