Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby Date



I can't really call it a playdate since these little ones basically sleep, eat and poop and I'm not sure if Roman even realized there were other babies there. We had a baby date at Angela's with Ava and Hunter. It was so nice to be able to get together with other new mom's and talk about all the latest and greatest, the good and the hard. I've realized the true value it is to talk to other new mom's since you realize that everyone has their challenges and it is so helpful to hear other's solutions.

Ava has the most amazing hair. I called her a little rockstar.


AND Hunter Rae is so sweet and just beautiful.


Roman is one lucky little guy to be surrounded by such cute girls all the time. If only he would have realized it, he may have stayed awake a little longer.


I look forward to starting the playgroup through John Muir in a few weeks to meet some more new friends for Roman.

On a side note: I have to praise John Muir Women's Health Center. I had such a hard time with breastfeeding and can now say after 5 weeks we finally got it down. It took 3 visits to the lactation consultant and lots of patience and practice, but as of yesterday we graduated. I never realized that it would be so difficult or that some babies don't pick it up naturally. But if you ever need assistance, don't hesitate to call the Women's Health Center. I had Laura as my consultant and she is amazing! Who knew I would ever get so excited over someone with the title of Lactation Consultant.

6 comments:

Amy and Chad said...

Congrats graduate! You are a riot!

Unknown said...

I do baby boot camp in clayton, concord, and walnut creek. I love it and have done it since Logan was 8 weeks. Its a great way to work out and talk to moms with kids in all stages your little one goes through...just an fyi:)!

Paris Bucklew said...

Glad the breastfeeding is going well. I agree that the Women's Health Center is an amazing resource. I wish I had gotten the same lactation consultant as you. Mine was a bit over the top.

Jacquie said...

YEAH!!!!!You were so paitient and congrats on you and Roman graduating...You are a "super mom"!

Alix Allocco said...

I love the Women's Health Center too. Hopefully I will get to see you and Paris tomorrow!!

a

heidi said...

You truly are amazing on being patient and continuing to try. I am so happy and proud of both of you. Now you can go give hope to all the other moms who are frustrated. I think most moms would have given up.