Sunday, September 7, 2008

Chihuly at the de Young


If you haven't been to see the Chihuly exhibit at the de Young in San Francisco, I highly recommend it. Dale Chihuly is an American Glassblower who's work of colorful, vibrant glass is truly amazing to see in person. Jason and I went to the see it on Friday and loved it. I will admit, I'm not too into art exhibits or going to mueseums, but this is so spectacular you really can't miss it. The pictures don't really do it justice since most of the pieces are huge in size.

This was Jason's favorite:


This was mine. See the little angel:


The most amusing part was that no one was allowed to use a flash, but now with digital cameras no one knows how to turn off their flash. Every minute someone's flash would go off and you would hear security yell, "Turn off your flash!" Our camera kept re-setting the flash everytime you turned it off. I think ours went off about 5 times.

This was the best photo we could get of the 2 of us without the flash.


The Grand Finale

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

Loved the Chihuly exhibit at the De Young and the ceiling with all the tiny cupids was my favorite. I can't imagine how complicated the installation must have been fitting all those fragile glass pieces together...

Alix Allocco said...

I loved this exhibit. I went about a month ago. I loved the room where it looked like you were under water.
a