Monday, December 19, 2011

December

I haven't blogged for a while, so here is a quick recap of December...
This little rascal has officially given up his naps. Good-bye to Mommy's 2 hour break. It has been over 2 months since he took a regular napped. It has been a very hard transition as he gets exhausted by the 5:00, but then powers thru til 8:00pm. On the random days that he will take a nap (about every 2 weeks) he then will want to stay up until 10:00pm, which obviously doesn't work. I know he takes after his Daddy and needs little sleep. Some friends have said it takes a few months for him to get adjusted and I am looking forward to that. In the meantime, I have enjoyed spending some special one on one time with him while Paisley naps in the afternoon. 
This little love is walking everywhere and so happy to be on the go. She loves being able to follow her brother everywhere. Her and Roman have even started playing together in their rooms and sometimes when I go in Roman says to me, "Mommy Go Away." (it does make me a little sad, but I'm sure this is only the beginning of kicking Mommy out of the fun). Paisley's hair is starting to grow a little, even though she has had a few "Hi Buddy!" in the last few weeks. Even though she will be wearing a dress with patent leather shoes she gets mistaken for a little boy. Jason and I can't wait to see what she looks like with a full head of hair. 

AND...both kids did not like Santa this year. Roman actually got kicked out of Santa's workshop and Paisley wouldn't sit on Santa's lap without Mommy. Better luck next year. Roman has actually told me, "No Santa, No Presents." He would rather have no presents than meet the guy in the red suit.

We are all looking forward to a fun and very Christmas celebration. 

1 comment:

thedemichielfam said...

Love it! I think Paisley looks like Sean. She is getting so big I just want to squeeze her! I love that Roman doesn't like Santa! We are in the no nap zone as well! We just inforce quiet time...which really means he sits and watches a movie so I can still funtion! Miss you guys!!!