Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree


We would have loved to have gone to a festive Christmas tree farm and chop down a tree in the spirit of Roman's 1st Christmas, but in reality he was asleep in the backseat, it was raining and we are on a holiday budget. We heard that Nob Hill had a great deal on trees, so we headed there this weekend in search for a good deal. All trees were $35. What a bargain! However, we then realized that at the price of $35 it did not include any help with getting the tree on the car. Of course, Jason told me he would carry the tree home (in the rain). But I came up with the idea of opening the sunroof, while he held onto the tree. Luckily we only had to go a few blocks and I went 5mph. We made it home and our tree is beautiful. We laughed hard at this adventure and the best part is Roman got a nice nap throughout the whole experience.


Jason kept begging me to drive faster since his hands were freezing. He did not find it amusing that I couldn't stop laughing and then decided to stop and take a picture.


The tree through the sunroof.


We made it home.

3 comments:

To Be Determined said...

Hilarious! I would have done the same thing.. of course you must stop and snap a picture. (chip runs from the camera for fear of blog postings)

Jacquie said...

This was definitely something you won't forget...luv your tree - it is perfect and decorated so nicely

thedemichielfam said...

one of my favorite holiday stories! Thank you for making me laugh!!! I love it!!! God bless you guys! :)