Sunday, January 4, 2009

3rd Trimester Begins



This past week had a lot of milestones...
I turned 30, entered the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy, 2009 began and my belly must have doubled in size! What a week.

The most amazing gift of 2008 was becoming pregnant and I can't believe that this little guy is going to bless our lives in just a few months. I can't wait to meet him and feel like the countdown has truly begun. I am really trying to cherish each little kick and feeling and even some of the discomforts. Within the past few weeks, I have started to feel incredibly full after eating, felt kicks and jabs throughout the entire day (which I love), am starting to get tired again and my sweet tooth is in FULL FORCE! I brought home my leftover birthday cake from dinner the other night and it takes so much will power to only allow one piece per day. I had a large piece of cake after lunch the other day, so the following day the cake had to find a new home.


We have started decorating the room and are going with an animal theme (I know, not a total shocker for us since we are such animal lovers!). I have had good restraint without buying too many things. Here is a picture of some of my favorite recent gifts/buys.

Betty and Bob found an amazing Animal Ark and Mini-Marley, Jason bought some cute stuffed animals to match our bedding, Ellie got our little guy some stylish socks and those are my favorite pair of pants that I bought.

As of right now, the plan is to be induced about 2 weeks prior to my due date, so that would be around March 11th. I'm going to be delivering at UCSF since they specialize in high-risk pregnancies for coarctation patients and my cardiologist will be able to be present during the delivery. I feel so lucky to be in such good hands and have really not worried about the birth since I know that most of the decisions will be in the doctor's hands.

Cheers to the last trimester!

8 comments:

Paris Bucklew said...

I agree that your belly doubled in size, but the rest of your body is still tiny. You look great! Love the animal theme. Happy Third Trimester :)

Jennifer said...

You look fantastic. I love hearing all the details. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to meet your son in a few short weeks! Trying for March 6????

Hillary said...

You look so great! The room is looking good and March will be here before we know it!!

Maya said...

Wow Heather, you belly sure has grown! I can't believe Baby Maddox's arrival is just around the corner. I truly can't wait to meet him and to see you both become parents.

His room is lovely, love the blue on the walls, but what I like the most is the framed art right above the crib.

Looking forward to see you and your belly this weekend!

thedemichielfam said...

Heath, enjoy every minute b/c he will be here before you know it! LOVE the animal theme room and I am looking forward to many play dates in our future! Your belly looks cute too, everything is perfect! xoxo

Danny McMillan said...

We are soo excited to meet baby maddox!! I can't believe he will be here in 2 months. We can't wait. You guys are going to be such great parents and our family is going to be so blessed to have a little Maddox running around. I can't wait to meet him and spoil him . I am sure Tyler is excited to not be the baby anymore.

Danny McMillan said...

if you couldn't tell this is heidi not danny posting

JKAndrus said...

Heather,
I was getting emotional reading your post. I couldn't be more happy for you and this new year for you guys. I just know how special the next few months will be for you and Jason. I love you guys and am so thankful that you are my friend and that your prayers were answered.
On a lighter note are you having a shower? I would love to be there if it's possible. Love you!

You look great by the way!! :)