Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Countdown To Election Night



With less than 2 weeks to go, Jason has been helping out weekly at the Democratic headquarters in downtown Walnut Creek. He asked if I could help out on Sunday, so I joined him for some data entry. The room was packed with a dozen volunteers making calls to New Mexico since it is a swing state. Callers were encouraging voters to get out early and vote since there may be long lines on election day. Jason and I worked together doing data entry by recording all the phone calls that were made into a database. I was so impressed by everyone's passion and excitement surrounding the election. A lot of these volunteers dedicate day and night working to get Obama and other local and state California candidates get elected and educating voters on all the propositions.



What an exciting time for our country. No matter what the cause or party that you are involved in, it is great to become educated and volunteer for something you really believe in. AND most importantly...don't forget to vote. It is very important, especially with some pretty crucial propositions on the ballot this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been a lot of fun to feel more involved this year than any other. It reminds me of 9/11 when every house, car, person you passed by had an American flag in some size or form flying....I think there is more of that in other parts of the country and sometimes our patriotism gets lost or buried under other daily issues that we all have to work thru.
We pass by those headquarters on our bikes probably two or three times a week, I am surprised we didn't run into each other again!
Good for you and your husband to get out and be active in the campaigns!

Jennifer said...

Serious stuff to volunteer on Sundays -- missing football!! :)

Maya said...

What an awesome thing guys! Great example for our youth. Can you get me one of those real-size Barack Obama cut-outs to put on my in-laws yard? I think they would disown me! !

:)