Monday, August 25, 2008

Powell's Sweet Shop

OK...so I have the biggest sweet tooth. I blame my Dad for inheiritening his and also for him constantly serving the very best deserts when growing up. If you have ever been to my parents house for dinner, then you will know after any meal they serve very elaborate deserts. Growing up like this, you have no way of denying the sweets.



Today I stumbled upon, Powell's Sweet Shop in Lafayette. It is relatively new and if you like candy, you should proceed with caution. The candy selection is totally overwhelming. They basically have everything and anything you could ever imagine. I walked around the place about 3 times before putting one item into my basket. Then I ended up with a very random selection of candy. When I got back to work with my selection, I'm now sitting here wondering if I even like half the stuff I got and why I didn't get what I really wanted, Charleston Chews.

Here is what I ended up with in my bag:
Now and Laters
Bit-O-Honey
Bullseye Carmel Creams
Root Beer Float and Dr. Pepper Fiz Candy
Strawberry Hard Candies
Butterscotch Hard Candies

I was debating a chocolate dipped graham cracker for a while, but then thought that would be kind of weird for me to eat at my desk without looking totally ridiculous. (We work in a very open enviornment.) One item I didn't see was a carmel apple. That is my favorite!!! Whenever I find them on vacations, I always buy one for the road.

1 comment:

Paris Bucklew said...

Yum! Charleston Chews and Bit-O-Honeys are some of my favorites too. I might have to make a trip out to Lafayette.