Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Ark Has One Less...

I'm still in denial and don't think it has truly hit me yet, but our animal ark is one less. We made the sad and hard decision a few weeks ago to try and find a new home for our little grey kitty, Sage. Shortly after getting Marley, we realized that Sage was not going to adjust to her new housemate. She already was a timid kitty and Marley made her even more isolated. We denied it for a year and finally made the grown up decision that if we could find her a better home, we would try.


I feel so lucky that we found the perfect match on where else but Craigslist. We were very honest that Sage would really do best if she was the only animal in the house (since even Serena would bully her) and someone contacted us last week to say she was interested. She came to meet Sage and decided she would like to take her home.

We will miss Sage so much! We had her for 5 years and she was such a love. She adored Jason and would sit on his computer modem for hours when he worked from home. I know in my heart that she will be so much happier and for that I feel relieved.

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

It made me smile to see Marley, "The Wonder Dog" cuddle with Serena on the couch and try to give her a few licks. You did the best for your Maddox Ark... Serena and Marley are going to be good buds...Mom

Paris Bucklew said...

I'm glad you guys found a great home for Sage. That must have been so hard for you.

Maybe you should add a nice rodent to the Maddox Ark...

JT said...

So sad, but you have to do what's best for the fam. At least you know Sage is loved and will be well taken care of.

Love your comments about Marley. I love that he was trying to eat the mac and cheese box under your bed. Those crazy labs just steal your heart in a second. At least we have a doggy door, because bless Jason's heart for taking Marley out every night. After a few months of that, it was sooo hard. I don't know what we'd do without that doggy door. Hope you're doing well!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh Heather...I'm sorry! I'm sure that had to be so tough.