Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend In Tahoe


We just got back from a weekend away in Tahoe with Amy and Chad. It was so nice to be able to escape and enjoy the amazing weather and beautiful scenery. I am always amazed and feel so blessed that we live so close to such a breathtaking place. I am someone that loves Tahoe in both the winter and summer, so I'm always up for going.

Saturday we went to Kings Beach for a day in the sun. We loved our island coozies that Amy bought and Jason made a new friend in the lake. This man had a waterproof metal detector that he spent hours combing the lake for treasures. It was very entertaining.

Later that night we went to Sunnyside for dinner. Amy and I realized that we both enjoy pressuring our husbands to try our food or drinks against their will. I think it is because Jason and Chad are just so nice.

Make sure when you visit that you get a piece of Hula pie. It is enough to share with 4 and so delicious!

After dinner I persuaded everyone to play Balderdash (a old favorite) and we had a so many laughs at everyone's answers. Amy dominated the game with her creativity and Jason kept us laughing at his ridiculous answers.
Today we went to breakfast in Truckee and then were back on the road. Of course, I did need to make a stop to get a carmel apple. It is a ritual whenever I am in Tahoe. Don't ask me why.
Thank you Amy and Chad for a wonderful weekend. It was so much fun.

4 comments:

JKAndrus said...

Looks like a great weekend! I miss Lake Tahoe and always have had a great time there. (Especially our one Tahoe trip with all the girls..Tracy singing "the tide is high and I'm holdin' on, I'm going to be your number one...)Fun times!
P.S-I really like your bangs, they look great.

Paris Bucklew said...

Glad you guys had a nice weekend. I have never been to Tahoe in the summer. I need to put it on my list of places to visit.

Also, Balderdash is the best game ever invented. I can totally see Amy coming up with some crazy answers. We need to play it soon.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad you got to get away. :D

Alix Allocco said...

Thanks so much for coming over last night. It was great to see you and Lauren and catch up. I love introducing my little one to my friends. You brought over the best dinner (really it was top notch)....thank you thank you. I have to get the recipe from hill.

See you soon!!
a