Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sushi...Rookie Mistake


Jason and I like sushi, but are not very daring when we order.
Our standard order is:
California Roll (Jason)
Shrimp Tempura Roll (Heather)
Chiken Terriyaki (Share)
Edamame (I eat whole bowl to myself)

Well...last night we went somewhere new and I got a little confused. I asked the waitress what hand-rolled meant. She pointed to a picture and it looked like the type we like.

Minutes later our sushi arrived and it was not what we typically get. The sushi was like an ice cream cone made of seaweed filled with the contents (see picture above). This was not what we thought we had ordered, but both of us were too embarassed, so we smiled and pretended to be excited. Once the waitress left we started laughing wondering what had happened. When we looked at the picture, we realized right next to the picture we thought she had pointed to was actually the sushi cone.

Jason ended up being a good boy and trying his, while I refused and simply ate the shrimp out of it.

LESSON TO BE LEARNED: Don't order hand rolled sushi, unless you are expecting the seaweed cone.

1 comment:

Paris Bucklew said...

I'm not going to lie...that looks pretty gross.