Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

There truly is no greater joy, blessing or gift than becoming a Mom. They truly are gifts from our Heavenly Father.

Our Mother's Day was simple and perfect. Started out with Church, followed by a quick visit to Nana and Pop's house to drop off some flowers. We then came home and I cooked a few things for dinner that night and then headed back to my parents for dinner with the whole fam. We had such a wonderful time relaxing, eating and just having fun. 
Visiting with Nana
Paisley just started saying, "Nana"




This boy has been giving his Mama a run for her money lately, but he gives me Oh so much love too.
My Girl! Such a sweetheart.
Betty is an absolute dream. Roman and Paisley adore her so much and I'm so blessed to have her in my life.
Roman made me a special gift at school for Mother's Day. He was so proud when I opened it.

This Mother's Day was a little surreal for me. It has been a tough past few months with my Mom going thru chemo and radiation. Her poor body has been put through such challenges this past year and we are all hoping and doing a lot of praying that this last treatment worked. To see someone you love in such pain is heartbreaking. I've been spending lots of time with her and the kids just hanging out. I'm truly blessed with a Mom that is also a friend to me. I always know that she is my biggest supporter, cheerleader and encourager. THANK YOU MOM for all that you do and all that you are. Happy Mother's Day!  
Cheers to all the Mom's we celebrated with. 

2 comments:

To Be Determined said...

Happy Mother's day! I am glad you got to spend it with your mom (and the rest of the family)

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Heather! I love reading what your family is up to - your little darlings are so precious~
I love seeing and hearing about all the time that you are able to spend with your mom, it reminds the rest of us what life is all about.....thinking positive thoughts for your mom and your whole family! Lots of love, Hilary