Monday, June 13, 2011

Prayers for Papa


As I know many friends and family follow our blog, so I ask for prayers of healing for Bob (AKA Papa). This past month he was diagnosed with cancer and began chemotherapy today. He will be doing chemo for about 3 months and the prognosis looks great for recovery. We are always reminded of how precious life really is and are thoughts, love and good wishes are with him and Betty. Of course, Bob has remained so positive throughout this journey and is a beautiful example to myself and our children of handling all of this with such grace.

A funny story...the other day Roman, Paisley and I picked up Bob from Kaiser after a biopsy. I brought him back to our house to relax and wait for Betty to get off work to pick him up. Before I know it, I look out the window and see him going down the slide after Roman. I felt horrible that Roman was making him run around after him, but I knew it was making both of them happy. This boy loves his Papa so much and they have such a special bond that nothing was going to stop them from playing, not even morphine.


Bob....we love you and wish you a quick recovery!

3 comments:

thedemichielfam said...

oh Heath, please pass along my prayers to Jason and his parents. I am praying for a quick, healthy fight. A posotive attitude will be as helpful as his chemo.

To Be Determined said...

I know he will beat this with a smile on his face and two grandchildren in his arms. My prayers to all of you.

Paris Bucklew said...

Love Bob, love Betty, love you guys. Your incredible family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Seriously, you brought Bob back to your house to RELAX???? Ha!